Managing time seems to be the hardest part of motherhood. There has to be a better way, right? I mean, a normal day for a mom can consist of empting the dishwasher 2 times, 3 meals, 3 times dish duty, trash out, floors swept, beds made, baths taken, legs shaven, hair washed, make up on, hair fixed, playing toys, computer time, shopping, I have to stop this on going list as I am totally getting exhausted about thinking about all that is done by stay at home mothers all day long! So, some how we have to figure out a method that works best for each individual situation. I have been thinking, and this is what I have come up with to help with time management issues.
- Start your day by getting dressed, bed made, hair and make up done!
- Set a time where you play 100% with your child
- Set up a computer time, like your own alone time
- Use a timer to get tasks done, so you are not going from one room to the other, stay focused
- Make a chore chart for self, for weekly cleaning
- Don’t over schedule your childrens activities
- Say NO, to requests more often. If you are the type to be in charge of to much at kids schools
- Take a look at your typical day, see if there is any habit that needs to be changed
Now some of you super moms, probably do all these things. Some may be pretty good at doing most of these, and me well… I have to be honest, I need to follow my own suggestions, because if I did, I would be probably be alot less stressed.
If these ideas don’t work, get a nanny, a cleaning lady, and go to the spa… he he. Feel free to comment on ways you like to save time and energy on the small stuff that makes your day a more productive one!